Quantum and Veeam: Solid Data Protection for the Modern Data Center
Quantum and Veeam Better Together
In today’s innovative data center, a single data protection scheme is no longer sufficient to protect valuable data against any kind of loss. To make it simple for businesses to secure and protect against vulnerabilities, we partnered with Veeam to bring data centers a multi-tiered, scalable solution for protecting data against loss - ensuring that businesses can resume normal operations in the shortest amount of time and at the lowest cost.
Enabling a 3-2-1-1 Data Protection Strategy
The best practice backup rule and strategy for data protection consists of 3 copies of your data, in 2 different storage types, 1 copy off-site (for disaster protection) and 1 off-line (for ransomware protection). Quantum’s storage offerings empower customers to use a combination of disk, cloud, or tape to implement a 3-2-1-1 best practice approach for data protection.
A One-Vendor Approach
Quantum and Veeam deliver a scalable solution to maximize data-storage efficiency and recovery. Veeam facilitates multi-tiered backup and replication to Quantum DXi® appliances, across sites, to the cloud, and to Scalar® tape libraries. This multi-tiered solution enables businesses to:
- Ensure business continuity.
- Store, share, and preserve the digital assets over the entire lifecycle.
- Recover files in seconds with recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) well under 15 minutes for all applications and data.
- Protect against ransomware and malware with an automated offline copy on tape, or with versioning on an object store.
- Avoid complex integration requirements and public cloud egress charges.