The DXi4800 serves as the core of data protection solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses and remote site protection for enterprise projects. The DXi4800 provides high performance and capacity-on-demand scalability and can serve as an end-to-end solution becoming a hyperconverged deduplication appliance that can run backup applications as a VM.
Performance to Improve Your Backup Window and Maximize Data Reduction
The DXi4800 Series delivers up to 34 TB/hr regardless of your capacity points. For faster restores, the DXi4800 detects random small I/O’s and can tune latency, enabling you to support features such as Veeam Instant VM Recovery directly from deduplicated backups! Plus, DXi’s patented variable-length deduplication optimizes data reduction, maximizing replication across the WAN. DXi replication includes snapshot-based, file-based and cartridge based deduplication, providing the industry's best granularity to improve replication.
Deploy for Today, Scale for Tomorrow
DXi4800 can scale from 8 TB to over 171 TB with Quantum’s unique Capacity-on-Demand approach. Each expansion module comes fully populated and you can activate more TB with a simple license key. DXi4800 offers end-to-end encryption, in-flight and at rest, using self-encrypting drives (military-grade encryption with no performance impact, non-SED drives available upon request).
Disaster Recovery and Ransomware Protection Made Easy
WAN efficient replication makes it faster and less expensive to move data between sites for offsite backups. DXi also offers an easy way to protect backups data against ransomware and self-replicating viruses by providing a direct link to physical tape libraries (Path-to-Tape or PTT) that bypasses the backup server but is fully integrated into leading backup applications’ management interface and media catalogs, therefore your backups are offline on tape and can’t be encrypted by any ransomware.
Simplify Your Architecture by Using Fewer Backup or Proxy Servers
DXi4800 can be used as a hyperconverged deduplication appliance by running your backup application as a VM directly on the appliance. Dynamic Application Environment (DAE) provides a virtual machine environment in which you can install backup software. Once licensed, the DAE feature allows applications installed in the VM to run in a completely independent environment, no need for an external backup server or proxy server.
- Increased Usable Capacity Increase data retention periods for faster restore.
- Best-in-Class Storage Density Backup storage consumes less rack space and less power.
- Hot Spare Automatic replacement of a failing/failed disk drive to enable continued backup and restore operations without unplanned system degradation.
- Self Encrypting Drives (SEDs) Data-at-Rest security protects against data breach from physical removal of disk drives.
- Pay-as-You-Grow Scalability License-based, cost-effective capacity increments to manage data growth and provide storage capacity provisioning.
- Best-in-Class Performance Manage growth in the constrained backup window. Up to 12 TB/hr (native performance) provides fastest in-class performance and up to 34 TB/hr with DXi Accent.
- Bundled Licensing Provides lower total end-user cost and simpler end-user integration.
- End-to-end data validation End-to-end data verification and correction capabilities (hardware and software features) deliver high levels of data integrity throughout the end-user data lifecycle.
With the Quantum solution, the time needed for backup has been reduced by a factor of ten.Dietmar Wieber
Deduplication was a critical technology for what we wanted to do, and we knew Quantum was a pioneer in that technology and had an extremely powerful set of deduplication solutions.Danial Thomas
The Scalar i500 tape library and the DXi6700 deduplication appliance cope with the uncontrolled growth of our databases quite easily. Scalable, high-performance, and easy to use, they are the perfect storage solution.Thomas Wendt
Our experience over the last year is that Veeam and DXi work very well together.Tom O’Farrell
...Quantum did a great job in training our team to help them understand how the system worked and how to get the most out of replication. It really helped us, and it made the transition easy. Now, we can take care of all our backup and DR on these two DXi systems. It’s fast and we spend zero time managing DR. They both also give us really easy scalability so we know we’ll be able to add capacity when our data set gets bigger in the future.Steve Sakamoto
We got a smart solution for storing much more data for less money than others, one that’s easy to manage, and that requires no daily work at all. There’s nothing for us to do anymore…We just put this in and it works. It just works, which is nice.Falko Schmudlach
When you think disk backup, there’s only one name in the frame: Quantum. Serco has enjoyed an excellent 12 year relationship with Quantum, and we trust their technology, people, and product road map.Duncan Smith
In the U.S., where the backups used to take 30 hours. . . the daily backups are now completed in only 14 hours—including all the databases, records, and VMs. And that... normally includes offsite DR protection.Rob Williams
- Our DXi Appliances Should Be Famous
- Top Three Reasons Not To Believe The Deduplication Appliance Datasheets: #1
- Top Three Reasons Not To Believe The Deduplication Appliance Datasheets: #2
- Top Three Reasons Not To Believe The Deduplication Appliance Datasheets: #3
- Top Three Reasons Not to Believe the Deduplication Appliance Datasheets: #4 (There is always more)