Scalar i40 and Scalar i80 Downloads
Bringing intelligent iLayer benefits to small and medium-sized businesses. Simplest possible installation, operation, and scaling. Expands to up to 40 slots (i40) or 80 slots (i80) of Capacity-on-Demand. Simplified management with iLayer™ features.Highest-level AES 256-bit Encryption Standard. Industry-leading Reliability Availability Serviceability (RAS) features and proactive monitoring reduce service calls 50%. Scalar LTFS Appliance presents tapes as NAS storage, enabling new ways to manage and access archive files
Downloading Tape Drive Drivers , Jan 2018 - 2.2 MB
If you are using Symantec BackupExec you should use the device driver that came with your software backup package.
Windows Library Driver
- Download Windows Server 2012 R2 Device Driver for Scalar i40-i80 Tape Libraries
- Download Windows Server 2016 Device Driver for Scalar i40-i80 Tape Libraries
- Download Windows Server 2019 Device Driver for Scalar i40-i80 Tape Libraries
- Download Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 Device Driver for Scalar i40-i80 Tape Libraries
- Download Windows 2003/2008 Server Device Driver for Scalar i40-i80 Tape Libraries
NOTE: If upgrading from a version of firmware below 160G.GS007, you need to upgrade to 160G.GS007 before upgrading to later versions.
NOTE: The maximum number of drives supported in Scalar i40 and i80 is reduced when using LTO-7 drives.
- For Scalar i40 libraries with the LTO-7 drive, a maximum of one drive is supported (rather than the normal two) if surge protection is not used.
- Two drives (LTO7 and any other drive including LTO7) are supported if a surge suppression circuit with a minimum rating of 2500 Joules is used.
- For Scalar i80 libraries with the LTO-7 drive, a maximum of three drives is supported (rather than the normal five). This maximum applies even if you are using other drives in conjunction with the LTO-7 drive, such as using a combination of LTO-7, LTO-6, and LTO-5 drives.
NOTE: The library firmware bundle includes only HP drive code. IBM drive code is not currently included in the library firmware bundle, so needs to be downloaded and loaded to the library separately. Click the IBM Drive Firmware below to begin the download. A library firmware update will remove IBM firmware from the library, so it will need to be re-installed after a firmware upgrade.
Current Certified Tape Drive Firmware Versions
NOTE: Certified drive firmware versions shown below are also certified for previous versions of library firmware that support those drives.
|Scalar i40 and i80 Libraries||190G.GS006|
|HP LTO-4 Full-height SAS||A65Z|
|HP LTO-4 Full-height FC||H64Z|
|HP LTO-4 Half-height SAS||U62Z|
|HP LTO-4 Half-height FC||V62Z|
|HP LTO-5 Half-height SAS||Z6KZ|
|HP LTO-5 Half-height FC||Y6MZ|
|HP LTO-6 Half-height SAS||35VZ|
|HP LTO-6 Half-height FC||25WZ|
|IBM LTO-5 Half-height SAS||H971|
|IBM LTO-5 Half-height Fibre Channel||H971|
|IBM LTO-6 Half-height SAS||KAJ9|
|IBM LTO-6 Half-height Fibre Channel||KAJ9|
|IBM LTO-7 Half-height SAS||MA71|
|IBM LTO-7 Half-height Fibre Channel||MA71|
Scalar i40 and i80 Documentation
- Documentation is available in Scalar i40 and i80 Documentation Center