LTO Standalone Tape Drives
Quantum's LTO tape drives are an ideal solution for backing up small data sets to tape and are available in a variety of form factors such as tabletop and rack mounted. Quantum offers LTO-9, LTO-8, and LTO-7 tape drives in a half-height form factor, and every tape drive sold includes DataStor backup software with deduplication to provide a complete backup solution.
Firmware, Drivers, Diagnostics, and Documentation to support Quantum branded LTO Standalone Tape Drives is found here. If you need support for LTO Drives used in Libraries, please search for the specific Library (for example, “Scalar i6000”) and the appropriate LTO Tape Drive information will be included in that Library menu.
Drivers to support Quantum branded LTO Standalone Tape Drives:
- Download Driver Version 18.104.22.168 for Windows Server 2012 and Later
Quantum recommends using the latest firmware version, which is posted here:
- IMPORTANT: Please pay attention to the Media Compatibility information that is available at https://www.quantum.com/en/service-support/compatibilityguides/ltomm/ .
- Please refer to the release notes and documentation for additional information.
- LTO-9 Drive Firmware Release Notes 92 KB - Dec 2022
- LTO-8 Drive Firmware Release Notes 92 KB - Apr 2022
- LTO-7 Drive Firmware Release Notes 92 KB - Apr 2022
- LTO-6 Half-Height Model C Drive Release Notes 94 KB - Aug 2020
Product Use Guides
LTO-9, LTO-8, LTO-7, LTO-6 (Model C), LTO-5 (Model C)
- Documentation is available in the Quantum LTO Drive Documentation Center