We are moving into new phases of the COVID-19 situation around the world with many countries easing or removing restrictions, including opening restaurants, salons, and other services, and allowing for larger social gatherings. Our top priority remains ensuring the health and safety of our society, our employees, and communities, while continuing to service and support our customers around the world and helping them drive their businesses forward.
Some of the measures we have put in place include:
- Quantum has transitioned to a largely remote workforce with almost no impact on our productivity, our ability to create new products, and to service and support our products remotely.
- Quantum has established a COVID Task Force that is actively monitoring the situation around the world and has developed new policies and procedures to ensure safety and compliance with local regulations, as well as protecting the safety of our employees, our customers, and our suppliers.
- Quantum has secured personal protective equipment (“PPE”) so that select employees are able to travel to visit customer sites.
- Quantum continues to work with our supply chain to ensure our ability to deliver product, and at this point the biggest impact we have seen is on freight lane availability due to tighter travel restrictions, and this has led to extended lead times in some cases. We are proactively communicating with partners and customers on every deal.
Providing Ongoing Service and Support to Ensure Business Continuity
In terms of how we will continue to service and support our customers:
- All Quantum remote technical support and remote system monitoring is business as usual with 24x7 availability using existing processes.
- Depending on the country, the specific location, or the policy of our customers, onsite services at customer locations may be impacted. Quantum is working closely with our customers and partners to minimize business impact.
- Specific service delivery details are included below.
- For questions about disinfecting/cleaning products, please view Recommended Cleaning Instructions for Quantum Products
We are committed to doing whatever we can to help ensure business continuity for our customers during this time. Several of you have reached out in this regard already. If there is any way in which we can help, please reach out to your local Quantum representative.
Protecting the Health of Our Employees:
In terms of protecting the health of our employees, Quantum has implemented the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) safety practices for the protection of our workforce and customers. All employees are expected to work remotely, and based upon the nature of the work, our team is fully enabled to work from home.
Please stay healthy and know that the Quantum team is standing with you. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they develop.
Sincerely, Your Quantum Team
Service Delivery Details
Quantum Remote Activities:
- All Technical Support – Business as Usual 24x7 availability.
- Remote Distributed Cloud Services – Business as Usual.
- Remote Service Delivery – Some Professional Services and Deployment services can be done remotely, so we encourage customers to consider this alternative. All remote work, subject to customer availability, is fully available.
Customer Onsite Services – Installation and Professional Services:
In general, Onsite Installations and Professional Services resources are available for onsite deployments but may be limited by customer policies and more strict government directives. Quantum is working with customers in each locale to effectively manage the evolving situation to minimize business impact.
Customer Onsite Reactive Service Delivery:
Quantum is committed to collaborating with our customers to deliver on all SLA levels and minimize business interruptions:
- Field service work from Quantum and its partners was mildly impacted by stricter government rules and customer facility access limitations; however, with the loosening of regulations in many jurisdictions, field service activity is substantially business as usual.
- Quantum Services is closely engaged with our key service delivery partners who have implemented similar measures regarding the COVID-19 situation.
- Limitations apply due to local or regional directives.
Spare Parts Availability:
- All Spares Parts Central Depots and Forward Stocking Locations are operating normally, subject to evolving local restrictions due to the virus.
- There may be some service delivery interruptions/delays due to new border controls being implemented, primarily in Europe.
Escalation Process for Service Limitations Related to the COVID-19 Situation:
- For Reactive Service Delivery – Please contact Quantum through our normal contact/support center. Your case will immediately be escalated to a local support leader.
- Professional Services & Installations – Please work with your assigned project management resource, who will coordinate a plan with the local Deployment Lead.
- Escalations related to COVID-19 concerns will receive utmost executive visibility.