Commitment to Subject to the Principles Certain Personal Data
Types of Personal Data Collected
We collect business contact information from individual representatives of our corporate customers, suppliers and other business partners and in connection with our marketing activities, including names, job titles, company affiliation, mailing address, email address and phone numbers. We also enable job applicants to submit to us their resumes, contact information and other information the individual chooses. We collect web browsing information from website visitors as well as information they enter into registration and communication forms.
The web browsing information we collect includes statistical information such as the pages visited on our sites, unique URLs visited within our sites, the domains from which people visit our sites, browser type, and IP address. Most of this information is collected via cookies or other analysis technologies, such as Google Analytics. We may use the cookies to identify your computer. For more information on the kind of information Google Analytics provides us and how to safeguard your privacy when Google Analytics are used, read here.
Purposes of Collection and Use
Quantum requires the collection and use of your information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with better service. More specifically, we use your information to:
• Manage our relationship with our corporate customers, suppliers and other business partners, including in connection with the existing or future use or provision of products, services and support;
• Improve and develop products, services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities;
• Communicate about our products, services or support, including with marketing communications, contests and surveys;
• Communicate with website visitors;
• Measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads, and our sites;
• Assess and improve the performance and operation of our sites and personalize our sites;
• Process job applications, complete hiring processes, and administer employee benefits programs;
• Provide you with access to protected areas of our sites;
• Protect as necessary against security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
• Share with our suppliers, service providers and other business partners where necessary;
• Maintain internal records;
• Process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
• Comply with applicable laws, as required.
These uses of your personal information are based on one of the following legal bases, as applicable:
• The need to process your personal information for contract performance or to take steps to enter into a contract with you;
• Quantum’s legal obligations;
• Quantum’s legitimate business interests, including operating our business properly, marketing and improving our services, protecting against fraud and other liabilities, ensuring compliance and our ability to assert legal defenses, maintaining the security of our networks and systems, and protecting our assets; and
• In some specific circumstances, your consent.
Type of Third Parties to Whom we Disclose Personal Data and Purposes; Liability
We do not share personal data with nonaffiliated companies except that we may disclose such data:
• To our agents, suppliers and/or service providers who need to access such information to carry out work on our behalf, including in connection with our services, support or products. These companies may be in the United States or in other parts of the world.
• To our agents and/or services providers in connection with your application for a position with us.
• During negotiations or as the result of any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
• To our current and future affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
• In situations involving violations of our terms and conditions posted on our sites, potential risks to the physical safety of any person, where we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or illegal activities, or as otherwise required by law.
• In response to a request for information when disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or process, including in response to requests by public authorities responsible for public safety, law enforcement, and national security.
• For other purposes disclosed at the time of collection, when we have the individual’s permission, when the individual requests that we share this information, or when required by law.
We may share aggregate or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual.
We do not sell or rent personal information.
Right to Access / Choices and Means
You can choose to no longer receive email communications from Quantum or update your communication preferences with us by using this link to update your communication preferences or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in certain email communications you may receive from us, except that we may continue to communicate with you in order to provide services or products you have requested. Providing us with your personal information is optional, but it will impact the service that we can provide to you.
When you complete forms on our website, you may also choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by looking for checkboxes to indicate whether or not you want the information to be used by Quantum or our third-party affiliates for direct marketing purposes.
In some locations, you have the right to request access to, correction of, restriction of, and deletion of your personal information, subject to certain limitations. You also have the right to request that we transmit to you or to another controller your personal information that you have provided to us for a contract or with your consent. You can also object to our processing of your personal information in certain cases.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Principles or general privacy laws to email@example.com. We will follow up with the person who made the inquiry or complaint, and if necessary, will work with any responsible authority to resolve the matter.
Independent Dispute Resolution Body
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Investigatory and Enforcement Powers of the FTC
Quantum is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
If you are located in the European Union, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom and have exhausted all other means to resolve your concern regarding a potential violation of Quantum’s obligations under the Principles, you may seek resolution via binding arbitration. For additional information about the arbitration process please visit the Privacy Shield website: www.privacyshield.gov
Requirement to Disclose
Quantum may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
December 17, 2020