Ideal for time-sensitive environments, including broadcast and postproduction.
Key Features and Benefits
- Offers complete interoperability with Apple Xsan and Promise RAID
- Allows Apple Xsan and Xserve RAID to support AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Mac OS® X, Solaris, and Windows® clients, including support for 64-bit Windows and Windows Vista®
- Adds support for Spotlight search across Linux, Windows, and UNIX clients in addition to Xsan 2 clients
- Provides direct connection to shared SAN storage devices and eliminates data movement over the LAN
- Delivers simultaneous high-speed SAN file sharing and common file format
Two versions of this data sharing and archiving software are available, including StorNext FX for Xsan 1.4.x environments and StorNext FX2 for Xsan 2 environments. Both automatically balance data access, enabling you to free up network bandwidth, eliminate passing of firewire drives, and provide SAN-speed direct access to files across many different operating system platforms, including Linux, Windows, and others, without having to create additional storage pools or infrastructure. This translates into substantial storage cost savings and the ability to manage and complete several projects within compressed deadlines.