The DXi8500 Enterprise is the high performance deduplication solution with the power, flexibility and value to anchor an Enterprise-wide backup, disaster recovery and data protection strategy.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides up to 14.2TB/hour inline performance for the fastest backup and restore in its class with any backup application
- Provides from 45 to 330TB usable capacity with 3TB self-encrypting drives (SED) in a single rack
- Reduces typical disk capacity and bandwidth needs by 90 percent or more through deduplication
- Replication, VTL, OST, direct tape creation and DXi Accent software license included in the base appliance price
- Enterprise backup system with flexible interface – VTL, NFS, CIFS, OpenStorage (OST)
- Full support for direct tape creation with leading backup applications for end-to-end protection across sites
- DXi Accent software distributes deduplication between backup servers and DXi appliances to provide dramatically higher performance in bandwidth-constrained environments
- vmPRO Ready - Quantum's vmPRO software is the VM data protection solution that works with DXi appliances to simplify and accelerate backup, restore, and DR protection in virtual environments while reducing IT costs
The DXi8500 Enterprise offers industry-leading performance, up to 14.2TB/hour, and advanced deduplication technology that reduces typical disk and bandwidth requirements by 90% or more.
Scaling from 45 to 330TB of usable capacity with 3TB self-encrypting drives in a single rack, the DXi8500 presents the industry's widest range of presentation options, including deduplication-enabled VTL, CIFS, NFS, and OST, as well as native-mode (non-deduplicating) VTL and NAS shares. All interfaces can be supported simultaneously in the same unit to provide maximum configuration options for heterogeneous environments. The DXi8500 features an integrated path to tape for both VTL and OST presentations, providing a direct link to physical tape libraries for both short-term protection and long-term retention.
The DXi8500 supports high performance data center backup and anchors a multi-site, multi-tier protection strategy. Replication, VTL, OST, direct tape creation, and DXi Accent software licenses are included in the base appliance price.